|TechInsights is sad to say farewell to a contract Scrum Master who is returning home. We are looking for a full time, permanent replacement to fill his shoes and continue to advance the good work done to date.
Reporting to the Director, Program Management, you will be called on to continue to help further our adoption of agile practices, and to continually increase the effectiveness of these practices within the company. To be successful in this role, you are self-starter with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and varied backgrounds, and most importantly, you communicate effectively and lead by example.
|• Facilitate Scrum events (Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint review, Sprint Retrospective)
• Participate in and support multi-team planning events
• Support the Product Owner and Development Team in achieving product objectives
• Guide and coach dev teams in:
o self-organization and cross-functionality
o creating high value products
o understanding Scrum and other agile practices, and how to apply these in the context in which the team operates
o adapting techniques and processes to become a high performing team
• Foster creativity and empowerment and provide support to engage employees to achieve goals
• Identify and remove impediments to sprint goals
• Escalate issues in the implementation of Agile methodologies to expedite process correction
• Facilitate group discussion, decision making, conflict resolution
• Track and report progress towards sprint goals and long term objectives (as appropriate)
• Previous experience as a collaborative leader, playing the Scrum Master role in a software development organization
• Experience as a developer, tester, or business analyst (or similar role) in a software organization
• Demonstrated skills in and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely used Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Pairing, Automated Testing
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• Assets include:
o Experience working with Jira Software
o Experience with multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
o Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc.
o First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM); second or third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and career opportunities are some of the components that draw talent to our company. More importantly, our strong sense of camaraderie, mutual respect and shared goals that define our culture, keep talent with our company.
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.